Redrose Estate Agent’s Expert Guide to a Seamless Property Move-In Experience
Moving into your new home is an exhilarating moment, the culmination of your efforts, negotiations, and dreams. At Redrose Estate Agents, we recognise the significance of this milestone and are dedicated to ensuring you have a smooth transition into your new home.
To make sure your journey into your new chapter is flawless, we’ve crafted a comprehensive checklist tailored exclusively for you.
Embarking on Your Move with our Director Geoff Dyer
With his over 20 years’ experience Geoff crafted this checklist of crucial tasks you should do right away when you move in. So (carefully) set down that moving box, and do these things first for a seamless property Move-In Experience:-
- Meter Readings: Start by recording the meter readings for your gas and electric supply. This ensures accurate billing and helps you keep tabs on your energy usage.
- Locate Your Fuse Board and Water Stopcock: Familiarise yourself with the position of your fuse board and water stopcock. Knowing how to use them is vital for emergencies and quick shut-offs.
- Boiler Inspection: Identify the location of your boiler and check its most recent service date. Figure out how to set the thermostat and when you want your heating and hot water to come on. A properly functioning heating system is essential for your comfort.
- Locks and Keys: Verify that all locks are in perfect working order, and you possess the necessary keys and combinations. This step is crucial for your security and contents insurance. If you’re in any doubt get your locks changed.
- Safety First: Test your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors to ensure they function correctly for your peace of mind.
- Illuminate Your Space: Test your light switches to ensure that all areas of your new home are well-lit. Make sure you are using the most energy-efficient bulbs.
- Inventory Cross Reference: Cross-reference your inventory list and property particulars to confirm that everything you expected in the property is present and accounted for. Sometimes your seller or their movers can take something you were expecting to be in there so double check and if needed contact your Agent.
- Utility Control: Check and confirm that your heat, electricity, gas, and water are all operating flawlessly.
Preparing for Your First Night in Your New Home for a Seamless Property Move-In Experience
Moving can be a complex process with many details to oversee. To help you stay organised on your move-in day, Geoff has put together two additional lists to consider for Seamless Property Move-In Experience :
First Night Essentials Bag:
- Kettle, mug, tea, sugar, and milk – nothing beats that first cup of tea in your new home!
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, and toiletries
- Kitchen and toilet roll
- Bin bags
- Hand soap and washing up liquid
- Phone charger (and power bank if you have one!)
- Hot water bottle in case you haven’t fully figured out the heating yet
- A few cleaning essentials
- Toolbox, torch, and tape measure
- First aid kit
- Solo and family games, especially if you have children.
Having these essentials on hand can be a lifesaver for you in your new home
Services You’ll Need Before or Right After You Move In:
- Bills: Connect with gas, electricity, water, council tax, TV license, and internet providers for your new home.
- Insurance: Review your buildings and contents insurance. If you have a mortgage, consider discussing life insurance, income protection, and critical illness coverage with a broker.
- Change of Address: Notify Royal Mail, your bank, and any subscription services of your new address.
- Servicing: If you’re a Let Only tenant, ensure your landlord shares the Gas Safety Certificate with you. As a Redrose tenant, access all your essential documents through your Propertyfile account. If you’re the owner, consider getting the boiler serviced to confidently start your homeownership journey.
Your Questions Answered
At Redrose Estate Agents, we are committed to providing our clients with a Seamless Property Move-In Experience and ensuring that you feel well-supported in your new home. If you have any questions or require assistance with anything, don’t hesitate to reach out to your dedicated Redrose team. Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are thinking of moving contact us for a property valuation email@example.com
Redrose Estate Agents – Find out all about us here https://redrose.co.uk/about-us/